Thursday, July 12, 2012

Road trip to Utah

We left in the end of june and drove up to Utah.  We started driving 7pm at night, and drove non-stop to Utah.  I know, it was crazy but I enjoyed the drive I tell ya.  I drove the first 13 hours.  We watched a very beautiful sunset, and saw million of stars in the middle of no where, then saw the most beautiful sunrise in New Mexico in the plain.  Then, "K" drove the next 9 hours all the way to UT.  In between, we saw this

passed a few states...


had a picnic in Monticello, UT


we even saw the Monticello LDS Temple.  It was so neat!


We finally made it to my sister's house and had "A" 7th birthday.  He is such a good boy, he didn't mind spending his birthday in the car, as long as he had his birthday's gifts.  We had cup cakes and ice-cream and opened more gifts.  I can't believe that he is 7 now.


"K" only Sunday in Utah.  We had to take pictures w/ the beautiful mountains and our matching Dr. Seuss's outfit.  I made the boys Dr. Seuss's ties for the boys and a skirt for baby girl.


Baby girl w/ her girl's cusions.  They all love her.


baby girl's new best friend is her big cousin.  He takes good care of her, gives her shoulder ride, share his ice-cream w/ her.  Baby girl is spoiled by her cousins.



While we are here, there are a lot of wild fire in UT.   This one is the closest to my sister's house, it's only 30 minutes away I think.  The fire went on for a few days, and some rain finally came and stopped the fire.


On July 4th, I went to this hot ballon festival in Provo.  The boys didn't want to come w/ me, so I went by myself.  It was really fun.  We saw fireworks at night.






I went visited some friends while I'm here. 


The kid's favorite treat of the summer.  They can have 3 to 5 a day.


Baby girl loves loves loves the piano, espically when the piano plays on it's own.  She starts dancing, screaming, laughing... she loves music.


"D" had his 5th birthday here as well.  I made him a Captin America blue ice-cream cake



look at baby girl in the picture, she is trying to take her brother's toy.


even though daddy is away, he still celebrated "D" birthday w/ us through Skype


Here is the ice-cream cake I made.


Here is the first half of our summer.  It has been fun.  We didn't go to a lot of places, the boys just enjoy playing w/ their cousins everyday till they are so tired at night.  We rides bikes, watches movies. 

A few days after we got to Utah, my mom passed away peacefully surrounded by her love ones in Hong Kong.  (She had been battling w/ colon cancer the past 6 years) Sometimes it's hard to believe that when I go back to Hong Kong, my mom won't be waiting for me anymore, also I cannot call her and ask her how to make chinese food, but I know that I will see her again in the next life and she is in a better place smiling at me right now. 

So the next part of the summer is sad and hard, I'm leaving all my kids here in Utah while me and my sister going back to Hong Kong tomorrow for 3 weeks to attend my mom's funeral and wait for the ashes, and all the paper work to bring my mom's ashes back here and evenutally to Hawaii and bury her there, that's her last wish.  Pray for us that everything will went well.  I'm going miss my kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment