I thought I would post something about Hong Kong (HK) before I go. You probably wonder I would never say I'm from China, but I would say I'm from Hong Kong. And your mind probably thinking, isn't Hong Kong part of China?? the answer is YES. but Hong Kong is a little different.
Because of one of the treaty between China and England a long time ago, part of the land of China (Hong Kong) was given to England for 99 years. When the 99 years was up, Hong Kong would return back to China. (which took place in 1997) Now, HK and China use different currency, we have different passport, different government..etc
And we were educated in different ways. You have to grow up in HK to understand that. Just like there are always things I don't understand about American unless I'm born and raised here.
Hong Kong is small with TONS of people. I'll say too many people. There are few things I like growing up there. I love having western and Chinese holidays. In school, we always have Christmas, Easter, queen's birthday... etc western holidays, plus all the Chinese holidays that we don't have to go to school. Also, I love the transportation system there. You might get confused there if you never grow up taking public transportation. The buses, trains, subways come every few minutes. How great is that!!
Hong Kong is a 24/7 city. Stores, restaurant opening till very late.. even pass midnight. Shopping is heaven. You can just shop all day or even window shopping. I can't wait to go shopping.
I don't know when I will post something again. so see ya.. pray that we won't get swine flu. My family is freaking out.
Enjoy shopping, eating real Chinese foods, hanging out with your old good friends and your family. We pray for your safe trip. Have a fabulous time at home!
ReplyDelete