I had my birthday yesterday. I turned... old enough. It was a great birthday to celebrate with my family. "K" baked the cake the night before and I decorated it, I'm not a cake person, but fruit cake is always my favorite if i have to choose. The boys sure enjoyed the cake and the cream.
With this happy meal, it concludes another important anniversary on the same day of my birthday. It is our engagement anniversary When we were dating, we always ate happy meals. I like the toys once in a while. On the day of my birthday five years ago. "K" and I went to see a movie. After the movie, he told me his friend was going to make some Chinese food for us who served his mission in
Hong Kong. So we were going to have a picnic by the
LDS Hawaii Temple. When we were there, there was no Chinese food, instead there were two happy meals. I thought, oh what a friend!! So we sat on the bench, eating my happy meal, and I found a few tears on the bag. I thought that it was strange. Then, "K" asked if there was a toy. I told him.. no, they didn't even put a toy inside. He said, maybe there is a girl toy, find it. My reaction was, "i don't think so...and i don't want to look for it" However, he insisted that I should find it. So i tried my best and found a ring in a little bag. Then he proposed, and of course I said yes. We went back to my apartment, and found all my good friends there, they were the one helping "K" to set up everything. They later told us that while they were watching for the happy meal and to make sure no one touches it, there were some mongooses that came out and attacked the happy meal. It was funny, so the story became famous among the Japanese students at
BYUH at that time. This is our engagement story.
Oh,how sweet is that!Kenny is so creative. Happy Birthday, Maggie. Surely, it looked like you had a great birthday.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Maggie! What day is it? It's kinda crazy having a b-day in Dec isn't it? Karissa's is the 21st. I'm so glad you had a fun birthday. Your boys are so cute and getting so big! Kenny is such a sweet hubby. What a neat story about your engagement. Happy Anniversary! Congrats on all the things you guys have achieved the past year. Take care!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, Happy Belated Birthday!!! And secondly, what a great engagement story! At first I had tears in my eyes because I love romantic stories, and by the end I was laughing (picturing mongooses attacking the happy meal.) lol. Happy Engagement Anniversary to the both of you!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is such a great story. You are going to love telling it to your boys over and over again!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteEvery time I see a happy meal toy I think about you and Kenny. You guys are one of the cutest couples I know. It's funny how I witnessed your engagement story and you did mine. Those were the days. Miss you! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!