having the elders over last night... it brings back memories of being a missionary. It reminds me Nov is the month i got back from my mission more than 5 years ago. I was called to "Taiwan Taichung Mission", I cried when I found out I was going to go to Taiwan... (of course, not joy) Taiwan was the last place I want to serve my mission. (I've been there before, and liked it ok)...what can I do... nothing. "I'll go where thou want me to go". so packed my bags... off to Provo MTC to New York New York mission for a month ( due to visa problem ) finally to where I'm supposed to go ~ Taiwan.
well... we rode bike 24/7... after mission, I had this huge thighs and it looks like elephant legs... thank goodness for giving birth after getting married... I lost it all. But I have to say riding bike was fun, especially riding downhill on a mountain with a skirt. ( you can picture it) I love Taiwan after serving there, I have to say I love almost everything about Taiwan, food, places, people, especially mango shave ice. I will tell you the only few things I don't like about it late. you are probably bored by now.
How fun. I love reading about experiences. I can only imagine how uncomfortable it would be to ride a bike with a skirt on!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your experiences. It actually gave me hope that I also can say that I was glad to come to Kiribati when I leave there. We often don't see what Heavenly Father has for us, but as we accept a call with faith, things will always work out the best for us and understand why he has sent us to there.
ReplyDelete