Friday, May 22, 2009

What do you think??

I'm flying to Hong Kong in 10 days with my two boys, I'm excited and scared at the same time. Flying with two boys... and the flights are almost 24 hours. I don't know if i can handle it myself... and I'm sure the boys are too. Any ideas to keep them entertain? I got new toys, books, puzzle, tons of snacks and after all I'm going to give them Benadryl. I tried it out already. It makes them both tired and want to sleep. Any more suggestion will help us??

7 comments:

  1. You are a brave woman. Good luck.

    I can't think of anything that you haven't already thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard. i say be prepared for the worst that could happen. then, you'll know what to expect. Benadril is your answer use it for the longest flight. A potable DVD player with extra battery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. make sure to take treats for yourself too. dvd player & headphones & new movie. tons of Stickers and new marker/crayon/notebook of paper. cars; lacing cards; travel guess who/hungry hungry hippos.try time limit=sit quietly and after drinks come you get a new toy; after movie i have a surprise. j love pediasure milk drink (meal supplement drink). its like a meal so she is full and not just snacking. a shirt with pockets so you can stuff junk in it (B idea). And just remember that it will end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mrs. t - you are amazing! i hope you have a fantastic time. enjoy the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've traveled to Holland by myself with 3 of my kiddos (when Annika was a baby). Just make sure you bring your sense of humor. Hopefully they will have lots of movies on your long flight. And keep in mind: you'll all survive and enjoy the time with your family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DVD players are lifesavers. Bring new things that your boys will like (my daughter LOVES little einsteins, so we made DVDs of some episodes that she's never seen for out last trip).

    If you want the toys/books/puzzles to go over even better, try wrapping them (if your boys like to unwrap). You can use old toys that they've forgotten or new ones (I watch for sales for this purpose).

    Bring your own snacks. The stuff they have on flights doesn't always go over well with toddlers/preschoolers.

    You are brave...Hope all goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,it sounds like you need another suitcase to pack up things for the kids to be entertained on the flight. Hope you will have easy flights with your children. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete