Friday, May 8, 2009
Our veggie garden
In the end of march, I finally did everything and make a veggie garden. I dig out all the grass and a stubborn bush where the box is right now. Dig some more, and "K" made this simple frame... so we can try to plant some veggie in our garden. Everything you see here is from seed, except the cherry tomato. I was surprised how well they grown. I planted cherry tomato, zucchini, daikon(radish), lima beans, pepper (did not sprout at all), basil(growing slowing), carrot (growing pretty good, but the zucchini is overwhelming them), tons of chives (didn't see a thing) and Iris on the side (because i was too lazy to dig out any more soil and grass in my front yard, so I decided to plant it with the veggie)
Overall, they are growing pretty good. I'm very happy, (I will be happier if i actually see some real veggie) Tomatoes and daikon are coming out. The rest of them are still leaves. The boys love to water them everyday. They always ask me if they can water. After we came back from Hawaii, the plant seems to grow double.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Wow, what a cute garden! Isn't it so fun to watch them grow??? We have some problems with the poor soil on the island. We have only sand, and a lot of seeds we planted didn't even sprout.
ReplyDeleteOh.........Maggie........we have too much in common! I LOVE THE GARDEN! Do you know that I just built a "garden" and start "farming" at my balcony! Can you imagine to have your own garden in an apartment? Crazy fun!
ReplyDeleteLast week, I was watching "Jamie Oliver's cooking show". He was picking his own Zuchini from the garden and made some dishes out of them.....I was sooooooooo envy....Now, You are having Zuchini at your garden 2! I want my own REAL house and yard 2!!!!