Sunday, March 15, 2009

Having too much fun with cardboard

 
Posted by Picasa


After making the cardboard kitchen. I decided that I'm crazy enough to try to make a cardboard toddler bed for "D". Of course, I really had too much fun with making something from cardboard. You probably really think I'm really crazy or I really have too much time on my hands... Maybe both of them are true... I don't know... more my craziness I guess. You probably think why not buy one... well.. I don't know, it's not that I don't have the money to buy. I think that I just like to make things with my hands, and that's probably it. For your info, I put a foam thing and a huge thick blanket on the bottom. Also, the boys loves it. "A" tries to talk "D" to switch their beds. It is very stable, me and K slept on top for a while and it was fine. If you want to try it... here are what you need...

1. Thick, Strong cardboard boxes
2. Long, very long ruler
3. Duck tape
4. pencil
5. Scissor
6. Tons of chocolate (to keep you sane and finish the project)
7. Some yelling (because your young children will try to get your scissor, ruler, duck tape, cardboard to use is as a slide on the tile)

6 comments:

  1. you did good job! you are good at making something. tsubasa said you should make it. i'm always enjoy your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so funny! but i love it. how long did it take you? I can't believe your kids let you do it. i love both the kitchen and the bed. good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have seen food storage as a box spring but never a cardboard bed. so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing!

    I think you should create a blog or write a book about all the projects you can do with cardboard.

    If I get my courage up, I'll try one. I've been wanting to get Carson a kitchen...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative! I love your blog! I think your painting that you posted is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... You are so creative. It looks pretty sturdy, too. I want to try one for kun Kun when he starts sleeping separately from us.

    ReplyDelete