Friday, November 7, 2008

Last week...

If you go back a few post before... you will notice that we have TONS of brushes in front of the house.... I hate it... because I just hate brushes... I'm a flower person. So I spent my morning with the boys digging around the brushes... so "K" can use the car and pull it out....

i grew up having fresh flowers in my home all the time. (we never own a garden, but my mom would always buy fresh flowers and put it in a vase at home) I love them and to smell them. I want to plant flowers where the brushes are right now... you think is a good idea?


2nd brush out... yeah.... I can't wait to get rid of them all. me and the boys always spend our morning in the front yard because the sun don't go there yet. I used to hate yard work, but now i found it relaxing when the boys are not messing what i was doing.... OMG... don't i sound like a old grandma (enjoying yard work)??
I think i like the idea of destroying the brushes...


We went to a friend's house for a Halloween party... she made these lovely cupcakes for the kids.. aren't they cute? i don't think i would have all the patient to make it.

I know even before when I have a house, I want to make a sign for the front entrance. A sign that represent part of us. So i started making it last Saturday by cutting a piece of wood, sanding it... and painting it... It's very fun to use all those tools.

After a few layer of gesso... I finally can start with my yellow... I was testing a few different yellow paints that I had.. I chose this one called "pineapple" I love the brightness of the yellow.


This is the sign I made for our front door... It is not finished, I still have few more part need to add to the sign. what do you think so far? too bright against the wall or just right? I love colors... that's why i had so many color on top.

3 comments:

  1. M, your hair looks cute. I can't wait to see what flowers you plant? Lots of color I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute sign! The sign really matches and really representing your family. Cute cupcakes. What a great idea to enjoy eating a cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sign is super cute, nice work! ALSO, you need to call me so I can help with the bushes! Don't have all the fun without friends, alright?

    ReplyDelete