Monday, July 28, 2008

last week

I had been caught up with my 2nd painting .. so this is what happen last week. We had a church activity... and we went to river walk for the first time. The boys had fun looking at the river, birds... and all the people. "A" found a lucky $1 bill on the floor... so we got him a drink with it.





The main reason we went to River Walk because I had to meet this important lady... Sis. Lou.. if you were there when i opened my mission call a while back... you would know that i cried when i found out i was going to Taiwan for my mission... (not over joy cried... it was over huge SADNESS) to tell you the truth... i wanted to serve at Temple Square... well obviously it was not the Lord's plan. My good friend told me that there were people waiting for me to share the gospel.. not just people, but someone important... I met and baptized some people... but toward the end of my mission... i found her ~ Sis Lou... I saw the change in her because of the gospel of Jesus Christ... It brings her hope and happiness. I'm happy to say, she is still active in church, went through the temple a year after her baptism. She came to U.S. the past few weeks to travel... she came here to meet me. I was so glad to see her, and I have to tell you this... I love Taiwan after the 18 months... I wouldn't trade anything else from that time. It was meant to be I fell in love with almost everything about Taiwan... (one thing I still dislike is ~ the image of men chewing betel nut)

2 comments:

  1. What a great reunion! You are such a good missionary that still keeps in touch with your converts. I bet you had a great time reuniting with sis. Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you got to see Luo Jiemei! I wish that I could have seen her too. She's proof that the Lord was right to send you to Taiwan. (I'm pretty glad you were there too...LOL)

    ReplyDelete